Monday, February 16, 2009

God's Facebook - The Writing on the wall.

In the morning when I get up one of the first things I do is check my Facebook and email to see if anyone left me any important messages or to be reminded of what needs to be done that day.

Sometimes there are inspiring stories, or photos that touch my heart, or encouraging words from a friend.

What if the Bible were God's Facebook?
What would his profile photo be?
What would his description of himself be?
Who would be on his friends list? Paul, Timothy, Mosses, Adam and Eve, Hannah, Ruth and Boaz, Jacob for sure would be there, and Abraham...probably in his top ten list.
What common friends would we have?

What would I find on God's wall? What would he write on mine?

There are many ways for God to speak - just as there are many ways for us to communicate with our friends - so why am I more likely to share a news story or say an encouraging word on facebook than I am in person? Many reasons, probably, but I am guessing those same reasons are closely tied to the reason the Bible is such a tangible means for us to see God's face in the day, to hear his inspiring stories or to feel his words of encouragement.

Every day I have the opportunity to open my facebook and see what God has waiting there for me. Perhaps I am not spending enough time looking for what God is writing on my wall.

No comments: