Saturday, February 21, 2009

From my facebook...

Discussion question posted by Rob:

Ever had someone really important to you think that your need for a deeper walk with Christ was nothing but an elaborate game to draw their attention to you? What did you do to fight the pain that that ripped through you? What did you do to fight the sheer pain that ripped through you?

My post:

I heard their criticism for what it was. And I cried. Then I decided: God is not done with me yet!

I have seen it happen before, when trust is broken down and the one in need of convincing still sees signs of the old self - the one that cannot be trusted- peeking through the new self as though hiding behind blinds. Which self can be trusted? There are so many things we do that we do not know we do. Things that have unintended consequences. Especially if we have lived together, there are words and actions that are matted in and intertwined with that sense of mistrust. God is not done with us yet. There is more yet for us to see before we are truly changed.
Show me more, LORD. Show me all that I have done wrong. Show me how I have broken down trust. Show me how I have hurt. Show me the elaborate games I have played in the past and teach me, oh Lord, teach me how to live apart from these elaborate games that I play. "Therefore, submit to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your heart, double-minded people! Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your laughter must change to mourning and your joy to sorrow. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:7-10

No comments: